Saturday 18 April 2009

The Good Nazi Zombie is a Dead Nazi Zombie

My review for the Nazi Zombie mode in Call of Duty World at War just went up over at NTSC-UK.

Check it here.

This was a great review to write because of all the fun I had playing it with S-Dog during our beer soaked evenings at his place. Discovering all the ins and outs of the game mode with his was one of the best gaming experiences ever. Props also go out to my brother who I have fended off the undead with online.

This review is a great example of the ethos of NTSC-UK's review system. I didn't really have anything I wanted to say about the full game of World at War but I have a lot to evangelise in the Nazi Zombie mode. Most sites would require me to cover the entire game but because NTSC-UK values quality over quantity I get to write about aspects of games that mean something to me. Check out Charles's review of Mirrors Edge to see another example of a writer focusing on a particular aspect of the game and producing a really strong review.

As always, the rest of my reviews are here.

I also want to tease a new feature I'll be posting up next week. Myself and Ben G are collaborating on a game design feature for this blog that will either be off the chain or a massive disaster. We'll see later next week.

I shall also be posting up some kind of brain fart about a slightly scientific way to place cover in your shooting games. It may lead to my Gamasutra piece, we'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment